Recipe by Ori Zohar and picture by Ty Mecham for food52.com.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 big salad, 4 side salads
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (apple cider works, too)
· 1 teaspoon mustard (Dijon or whole-grain are my favorites)
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
· 1 pinch your favorite spices (such as black lime, sumac, garlic powder, ground ginger, and smoked paprika)
To make the dressing: Combine all of the ingredients – whisk together or stick everything in a jar and give it a good shake.
Zuzh up your salad!
Vegetarian: Add any nuts, cheeses, grains
Non-vegetarian: Add grilled chicken