Recipe adapted from Tieghan Gerard (halfbakedharvest.com)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: ½ cup
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1 shallot, thinly sliced
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
· 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 2 tablespoons honey
· kosher salt and black pepper
· 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
To make the dressing: Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots and sage, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly. Add the pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Zuzh up your salad!
Vegetarian: Original recipe is made with roasted butternut squash, toasted pumpkin seeds, shredded brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds, fresh figs and shredded gouda cheese